Frederick L. Harris, Esq. (Retired)
Myrtle Beach attorney Frederick L. Harris began practicing law in South Carolina in 1974 and is a former prosecutor for Surfside Beach. He retired in late 2015. Fred offered his clients decades of experience in criminal defense and family law, including all aspects of divorce and separation.
Fred was admitted to the South Carolina state and federal courts, as well as to the U.S. Supreme Court. He was a long time member of the American Trial Lawyers Association.
In addition to his long career as an attorney, Fred is a former Army Reserve member committed to his family and community. He is active in golf, the Community Soup Kitchen, and theater.
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D. (1974)
- Wofford College, B.S. Economics (1970)
- Oxon Hill High School, Oxon Hill, Maryland (1966)
Bar and Court Admissions
- South Carolina (1974)
- United States District Court for South Carolina (1975)
- United States Supreme Court (1997)
Professional Associations and Offices
- American Association for Justice (formerly American Trial Lawyers Association)
- Certified in Death Penalty Defense